- Although carbon dioxide is released as the plants are rotting, the plants, as they are growing, take in carbon dioxide which makes up for the amount released.
- It actually removes 30 million tons of carbon dioxide annually. It does this by preventing the release of greenhouse gases from waste that would have rotted in the open otherwise.
- The biomass power industry removes over 68.8 tons of forest debris annually which improves forest health and reduces the risk of forest fires.
- Using biomass eliminates the need for open burns of waste and forest debris.
- Th creating of biomass does't interfere with weather or environmental conditions which means it can be made 24/7.
Cost to use biomass energy/build an electric plant:
- $3,000 to $4,000 per kW. A kilowatt is a unit of power equal to 1,000 watts.This might seem expensive but the cost of a wind turbine is $40,000 and the rest of the money is how much it takes to install. The total amount of money needs is $48,000-65,000. Compared to this, biomass isn't very expensive to use.
Big company names:
- Biomass power association
- Helius energy
- MGT Power
- Prenergy power
- Forth energy
- Laid law energy group